Switzerland has decided not to take countermeasures against the US duties

Switzerland will not yet take countermeasures against the US duties in order to avoid escalation. This was announced on April 3 by Swiss President Karin Keller-Zutter.
"The escalation of the conflict does not meet the interests of Switzerland, therefore, it has now been decided to abandon direct retaliatory measures, other solutions are being considered," she said during a press conference broadcast on the YouTube channel of the Swiss Federal Council.
Keller-Zutter said that the Federal Council regrets that the United States is moving away from the principles of free trade with its decisions. She added that the council would conduct an in-depth analysis of the consequences of these decisions and possible options for action, the Newspaper added.Ru».
On the same day, Keller-Zutter announced that she had taken note of the decision of US President Donald Trump to impose duties on imports of Swiss goods. The Head of State stressed that Switzerland's long-term economic interests are a priority. At the same time, fidelity to international law and free trade remain the main values.
Earlier in the day, Trump announced that the United States would impose duties of 31% on goods from Switzerland. The measures will also affect Vietnam (46%), Israel (17%), Indonesia (32%), Cambodia (49%), Malaysia (24%), South Korea (25%), Thailand (36%), Taiwan (32%), Japan (24%) and other countries..
Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»