Tulsi Gabbard to step down as head of U.S. National Intelligence for family reasons
Tulsi Gabbard, the Director of National Intelligence, is stepping down to support her husband in the fight against a rare form of bone cancer. This was reported on May 22 by the Fox News channel.
"Tulsi Gabbard is resigning as head of intelligence for family reasons," the publication says.
According to the TV channel, Gabbard notified US President Donald Trump of her decision during a meeting in the Oval Office on Friday. It is expected that her last working day as Director of National Intelligence of the United States will be on June 30.
Fox News published the text of her statement, where Gabbard confirmed her decision to leave the position. She said that her husband Abraham was recently diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer.
In the letter, she thanked the president for his trust and the opportunity to head the office of the Director of National Intelligence of the United States over the past year and a half.
U.S. Department of War spokesman Sean Parnell announced on May 19 that the number of United States brigade combat teams in Europe had been reduced from four to three. He clarified that this decision was the result of a comprehensive multi-stage analysis of the structure and deployment of American forces in Europe.
Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»