One of those killed in the Manchester attack could have been shot by police
One of the victims of the attack on a synagogue in Manchester could have been accidentally shot by law enforcement officers. This was announced on October 3 by Stephen Watson, Chief Constable of Greater Manchester County Police.
"The pathologist at the Ministry of the Interior reported that he had previously determined that one of the victims appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound," Watson said in a statement on the police's X social network page (formerly Twitter).
According to preliminary information, the suspect was not armed with firearms and all shots were fired by Manchester police officers, the publication notes.
"This injury, unfortunately, could have been sustained as a result of the tragic and unforeseen urgent measures taken by my staff to stop this brutal attack," Watson said.
He added that one of the three victims also suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
A knife attack on a synagogue in Manchester was reported on October 2. It was clarified that the incident occurred in the Krampsall area. Then law enforcement agencies opened fire against the attacker. The Manchester Evening News reported that the attacker allegedly had some devices that could have caused the use of firearms by the police.
Subsequently, the death toll from the attack on the synagogue in Manchester increased to three. It is specified that five people, including a synagogue guard, were injured. Sky News later reported that British Prime Minister Keir Starmer had suspended his participation in a summit with EU representatives in Denmark due to a possible terrorist attack in Manchester.
All important news is on the Izvestia channel in the MAX messenger.
Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»