Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

The police named the identity of the attacker at the synagogue in Manchester.

0
Озвучить текст
Select important
On
Off

British police said the attack at the Heaton Park Synagogue in Manchester was carried out by 35-year-old Jihad Al-Shami, a British citizen of Syrian origin. The man was shot dead by officers a few minutes after the attack. This was reported on October 2 by the Daily Mail newspaper.

"We are working to understand the motivation behind the attack," the police said.

According to the investigation, Al-Shami entered the UK as a child and became a citizen in 2006. He had not previously been under surveillance by the security services.

As a result of the attack, two Jews were killed and three more people were seriously injured. The incident occurred on the morning of Yom Kippur, one of the holiest days in the Jewish calendar. Three more people, two men and a woman, were detained on suspicion of planning a terrorist attack.

Earlier in the day, it was reported that the attack took place in the Krampsall area. Then the police opened fire on the attacker, as they assumed that he could have explosive devices. Later it became known about two dead and five injured, including a synagogue security guard. Three of the injured are in serious condition.

All important news is on the Izvestia channel in the MAX messenger.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast