Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

The media reported that the United States has no plans to invade Cuba.

AP: The United States has no plans to invade Cuba
0
Photo: REUTERS/Norlys Perez
Озвучить текст
Select important
On
Off

The United States has no intention of invading Cuba, and Washington is not considering such an option, despite repeated threats. This was reported on May 8 by the Associated Press (AP) agency, citing a source.

"Washington is not considering the possibility of immediate military action against Havana, despite repeated threats from (American) leader Donald Trump that 'Cuba will be next,'" the publication says.

It clarifies that the options for military intervention remain in force and Trump can change his mind at any time.

According to the agency, Cuba has not yet rejected the proposal, although it provides for conditions that the country's authorities have long resisted, even despite the introduction of new sanctions against Havana by the US presidential administration on Thursday.

Brazilian leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said on May 7 that Trump was not considering a scenario of an armed attack on Cuba and ruled out the possibility of a full-scale invasion. According to Lula da Silva, Cuba is also interested in dialogue and finding a solution that would end the blockade.

Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla said on May 6 that US Secretary of State Marco Rubio's statements about the absence of an oil embargo against Cuba were untrue and at odds with the position of the White House. Havana noted that only one shipment of fuel had been delivered in four months, and suppliers were facing pressure.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast