The analyst admitted that Trump had "reset" the timing of the operation in Iran
US President Donald Trump may try to resume military operations in Iran, "zeroing out" the period during which he does not need congressional approval to carry out the operation. Kamil Askerkhanov, a specialist in management theory, political and economic analyst, told about this on May 3.
As the expert pointed out, on May 1, the White House sent a notification to the US Congress about the cessation of hostilities in the Middle East. It was on this day that the 60-day period during which Trump could carry out the operation without the approval of American lawmakers was coming to an end. It is possible that in this way the politician decided to "reset" the reporting period in order to continue the conflict again.
"Accordingly, if an official statement is made that [the war] has been stopped, it means that after a while it can always be resumed, and the report will go over again in a new way — 60 days. Roughly speaking, he reset the deadline. Moreover, judging by the way the grouping and arms supplies to this region are being built up, it is quite possible that the tension will still continue," Askerkhanov said in an interview with the Vesti news agency.
On May 2, Trump announced that he would like to achieve the destruction of Iran's remaining missile potential. However, he did not specify his plans for further actions. In addition, the politician allowed the resumption of US strikes on Iran. He also said that he would soon have to consider a plan to resolve the conflict, which Iran had submitted.
Tasnim news agency reported earlier that day that Tehran had handed Washington a 14-point settlement plan in response to a proposal to end the war. Iran insists on resolving key issues within 30 days and demands the unfreezing of foreign assets, as well as the lifting of sanctions.
Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»