Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

The surviving climber told about the moment of the avalanche in the mountains of Buryatia

0
Photo: RF Investigative Committee
Озвучить текст
Select important
On
Off

Denis, a mountaineer who survived an avalanche in the mountains of Buryatia, told Izvestia on April 25 about the moment of the avalanche in the Munku-Sardyk mountains.

"The weather before lunch was generally great <...> The sky was blue, windless, and we were walking naked. It was very warm <...> It was a pretty experienced group," he said.

The climber noted that he has a lot of experience in climbing, he specified that he had climbed Munku Sardyk three times, had been to Kazbek and Elbrus. According to him, on the day of the rise, no one had heard about the storm warning.

The man said that the group was about 200 meters from the top. The climbers came out on a snow cushion, stopped to make a decision on the further route, and at that moment an avalanche descended.

Denis himself appeared on the surface and helped to dig out other victims. The group members contacted the camp by radio, and the instructors came to the rescue. Denis clarified that the group was commercial, and all the members were also strangers to each other.

After the avalanche, he received first aid: the wound on his leg was bandaged, the doctor examined and checked for a fracture. Now his friends are taking him to Irkutsk.

On April 25, the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Buryatia reported that the search for tourists trapped in an avalanche on Mount Munku-Sardyk had resumed. Earlier, the operation had to be interrupted due to adverse weather conditions and terrain features in the area.

On April 25, the Agency for Civil Defense and Emergency Situations of the Republic of Buryatia reported that three men injured in an avalanche in Buryatia had independently escaped from the rubble and were hospitalized. In addition, during the search, rescuers found the body of a woman born in 1984. Three more tourists continue to be searched, according to preliminary information, they may be under a snow mass.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast