Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

Five people died in an accident in the Altai Territory

0
Photo: Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
Озвучить текст
Select important
On
Off

An accident involving two passenger cars occurred near the village of Smolenskoye in the Altai Territory. The regional prosecutor's office announced this on July 12.

"It was previously established that on July 12, a traffic accident involving two passenger cars occurred on the Biysk–Smolenskoye highway. As a result of the accident, four people were killed, one was hospitalized," the ministry said in a statement on its website.

The prosecutor of the Altai Territory, Anton German, instructed to organize an inspection of the incident in order to verify compliance with traffic regulations by the participants in the accident and to clarify the circumstances of the accident.

Later, the press service of the Main Directorate (GU) of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Altai Territory told reporters that the death toll had increased to five — the hospitalized driver of one of the cars died in the hospital.

"A criminal case has been opened under Part 5 of Article 264 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation," RIA Novosti reported.

On the same day, three people died in an accident near Nizhny Tagil on the 147th km of the Yekaterinburg-Nizhny Tagil–Serov highway. Previously, the 58-year-old Lada Granta driver lost control, drove into the oncoming lane and collided with a Subaru Forester. In addition, two more people were injured and were hospitalized.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast