Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

Pentagon Chief Hegseth will not attend the meeting of the "coalition of willing"

Defehce News: the meeting of the "coalition of the willing" will take place for the first time without the head of the Pentagon
24
Photo: REUTERS/Kiyoshi Ota
Select important
On
Off

Pentagon Chief Pete Hegseth will not attend a meeting of 50 countries to coordinate military support for Ukraine. This was reported on Wednesday, April 2, by the Defense News newspaper, citing a source.

It is specified that the meeting of the "coalition of the willing" will be held on April 11 under the chairmanship of Germany and the United Kingdom and for the first time will be held without the participation of the US Secretary of Defense.

"Hegseth will not join in person and is not expected to join virtually. <...> In fact, the Pentagon is unlikely to send any high-ranking representatives who usually accompany the Secretary of State on such trips," the publication says.

At the same time, the United States is still assessing how its representatives will participate in various events dedicated to supporting Ukraine.

The publication added that the Pentagon has $3.85 billion left to send military equipment to Kiev, but there are no funds to replace it. The Congress stated that there are no plans to allocate more funds.

Earlier in the day, NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte said that in the first quarter of 2025, the bloc's countries allocated about €20 billion for military assistance to Ukraine. He added that NATO will continue to support Kiev and welcomes US efforts to resolve the conflict.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast
Следующая новость
На нашем сайте используются cookie-файлы. Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, вы подтверждаете свое согласие на использование файлов cookie в соответствии с настоящим уведомлением и Пользовательским соглашением