Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

The Russian Embassy called Moldova's allegations of interference unfounded.

32
Select important
On
Off

The insinuations by the Moldovan special services about interference in the internal affairs of the republic are unfounded and unacceptable. The Russian Embassy in the country will announce this on March 31 in the Telegram channel.

We are talking about the words of the head of the Information and Security Service of Moldova (SIB) Alexander Mustace, which he said at a briefing. According to him, opposition MP Alexander Nesterovsky, who was sentenced to imprisonment in absentia, is in Transnistria. He noted that the deputy was allegedly taken there by "a car with diplomatic plates from the Russian Embassy."

"We call on the Moldovan side to refrain from provocative speculation and look forward to returning to a pragmatic dialogue on the entire range of issues of bilateral relations, which meets the fundamental interests of the peoples of our states," the message says.

In addition, the ministry noted that there had been no official requests from the Moldovan side for legal assistance in criminal matters.

On March 19, a court in Chisinau sentenced Deputy Nesterovsky in absentia to 12 years in prison on corruption charges. It was noted that the judge sentenced the politician to a longer term than requested by the prosecutor. He was later put on the international wanted list.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast
Следующая новость
На нашем сайте используются cookie-файлы. Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, вы подтверждаете свое согласие на использование файлов cookie в соответствии с настоящим уведомлением и Пользовательским соглашением