Skip to main content
Advertisement
Live broadcast

Political analyst Perincek pointed to US-Ukrainian cooperation against Turkish Stream

Political scientist Perinçek: US and Ukraine stated plans to attack Turkish Stream
135
Photo: RIA Novosti/Vitaly Timkiv
Select important
On
Off

The attack by the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) on the station of the Turkish Stream gas pipeline was expected, as Kiev and Washington openly announced plans to prevent its operation. Turkish political analyst Mehmet Perinçek told Izvestia on January 13.

Earlier in the day, the Russian Defense Ministry said that on January 11, Ukraine tried to attack with nine drones a compressor station in the Krasnodar region, through which gas is supplied by the "Turkish Stream". The ministry stressed that Russian air defense forces shot down all the drones. European Commission spokeswoman Anna-Kaisa Itkonen, commenting at a briefing, said Brussels had no contacts with the Ukrainian side on the issue.

"This attack is not surprising because it is not the first attempt. Kiev has tried to break the Turkish Stream before, there were other attempts. And not only that, even they have officially announced that they want to prevent the Turkish Stream from working, they signed a memorandum with Washington 5-6 years ago <...>. And they officially announce that the US and Ukraine together will cooperate against the Turkish Stream," Perincek commented.

He added that the Kiev regime project was created artificially, the Ukrainian authorities do not reflect the will of its people. Thus, emphasized the interlocutor of the publication, this project is directed not only against Russia, but also against Turkey, including against the background of American policy within the Middle East crisis.

"US plans in Ukraine, US plans in Syria, US plans in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea - they are all connected. Therefore, the response to this attack [by the AFU] can only be made in cooperation with Russia and other countries that are also suffering from US aggression," the expert summarized.

Perincek emphasized that Turkey and Russia should work on a common plan to ensure security in the Black Sea.

Also on Monday, Hungarian Foreign Affairs and External Economic Relations Minister Péter Szijjártó said the pipeline ensures natural gas supplies to his country and other Central European states and condemned the attempted attack.

First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Defense Committee Alexei Zhuravlev, for his part, told Izvestia that he admits that Kiev will continue to try to harm Turkish Stream because it does not care about the likely consequences of the accident for the EU countries.

Before that, on November 20, 2024, the German magazine Der Spiegel, citing sources, reported that former AFU commander-in-chief Valeriy Zaluzhny proposed, in addition to the Nord Stream and Nord Stream-2 gas pipelines, to blow up the Turkish Stream in the Black Sea, but the operation failed.

Переведено сервисом «Яндекс Переводчик»

Live broadcast
Следующая новость
На нашем сайте используются cookie-файлы. Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, вы подтверждаете свое согласие на использование файлов cookie в соответствии с настоящим уведомлением и Пользовательским соглашением